Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Stories and Tidbits.

  • I have homework now that school has started, and I kind of like it. 
  • Today we went to the Prado Museum. It was incredible. I can't even describe how amazing it was to some of the paintings I've studied for the past two years, right in front of my eyes. The Prado has so many masterpieces. My favorite, though hard to choose, was Las Meninas by Velazquez. It was much larger than I ever expected it to be. It was beautiful.
  • I speak Spanish with a lisp. And I think it's cool.
  • The train has interesting people on it.
I saw THAT today. Yep.
  • I need to start finding gifts for my family.
  • I'm really starting to like the food here.  (Yes, I'm actually trying new things and liking them. Say what?)
  • I volunteered with my roommate to teach Spanish-speaking kids English once a week through our school. Pretty neat, eh?
  • Yesterday I had the worst luck of my life. Encarna made a treat and offered it to me. I told her, "No quiero." She insisted. So there I am. Running to catch the bus with my piece of bread that has an entire stick of butter slabbed on it with sugar on top. I'm running. I'm wearing my wool coat. Bam. Yep, it happened just like that. That entire slab of sugary butter was on my coat. I returned home and Encarna took it to the cleaners. Yet to hear back from the cleaners... I couldn't help but sing, "If I could turn back time..."
  • I had a Coke today and it made me happy.
  • I'm loving this place. Really. Can it get any better than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment