Thursday, January 19, 2012

¿Quieres dar un paseo?

Well, my sister is a gem and she asked if she could be taken on a walking tour of 
my average day. So for my dear sister and anyone else who would like to 
see- this is what I do every morning. This is my walk to school:
We leave our apartment and head down the stairs in the lobby.
After going down the 2 person elevator, we walk into the main lobby.  The scent of smoke fills your lungs :)
We cross the street and head across this little sidewalk.
My mother would be so upset at this sight. Spain doesn't do that great of a job picking up after their little perritos.
We then begin our more scenic walk by cool looking old buildings.
This cathedral is beautiful, and yes, it stays there every day to greet us "Buenos dias"

One of the statues in front of the cathedral.

There is this whole fence painted yellow, who knows how old it is or why it is yellow.
The sidewalks here are pretty narrow.
Side note: I took these pictures down by my stomach in order to not look like a tourist.
The sun doesn't come up until around 9am, so our walks are a little dark.



Cool fence.

The Spaniards park wherever they want, and normally they drive tiny cars.

Pretty trees.

We totally creeped on this poor girl.

Yep, every day I get to see that beauty.

A church in Alcala? I honestly haven't asked what this is, I'm just assuming?
These bells sound 10x better than the bells at BYUI.
We then cross the street. Down there past the bus stop is the Plaza de cervantes where people love to walk.
You can kind of see the bird's nest on the roof.
Again, taken near my waist.
I skipped the entrance to the school, but just pretend you saw the door.
This is the classroom that we have both of our Spanish classes in. This is our cute Conversational Spanish teacher in the front. She is very sweet and patient with us American girls.

School's over after 2 classes (T/Th) or 4 classes (M/W). The sun is out!
Today we walked through the plaza for kicks. We were greeted by all of the adorable old men in Alcala that love to walk together. Literally, the entire plaza was filled with men 70+ with their cute little hats and coats.
Yep, they're adorable.
We then cut through one of the many cute alley ways to head back home.
We got back on the tiny elevator. (I'm really good at taking pictures).
Well, folks, there you have it. My average walk to school. NBD.
Yeah, I guess you could say I'm one lucky kid... living the dream.

2 comments: