Thursday, February 16, 2012

Runny nose and lots of blankets.

Yesterday while sitting in class, I had an overwhelming feeling of sickness pass over me. My head started to hurt, my throat started to dry up, and my face started to sweat. I know that last part sounds so weird, but whenever I get sick, that's the first sign to come- a wet face.

So after class, Kristie and I headed back home. We ate some lunch, watched New Girl, and then took a lovely siesta. When I say lovely, I mean I slept for about 4 hours, blowing my nose every 20 minutes. It was pretty miserable. When I woke up it was about time for dinner and Encarna really knew how to make me feel better. We had yummy chicken salad with a vegetable soup and apples. Call me strange, but when I'm sick I don't really crave sweets, it's all about healthy foods. And if you know me, you know that I'm not really a vegetable person.... so it's kind of a big deal.

After dinner we went to bed. I'd like to say that the NyQuil that I brought with me knocked me out, but it didn't. I feel awful. I'm pretty sure I woke my roommate up every 10 minutes with the beautiful sound of me blowing my nose. I woke up this morning with a headache and a very sore throat. Thus, school wasn't an option. We also had a temple trip planned today that I've been looking forward to all week... sadly I wasn't able to go because I'm doing even worse than I was yesterday.

Here I am, laying in my bed. I have a few rolls of toilet paper to my right and my large blue water bottle to my left. I've watched One Tree Hill and Leap Year today. I've also done some homework, but for the most part, I've just been taking meds and sleeping. Thankfully we don't have a super big trip planned this weekend. Tomorrow we're going to this modern art show in Madrid that I'm excited about. On Saturday we're headed to Cuenca for the day. I'm praying that I'll be slightly better tomorrow and even more better for Saturday.

At least I didn't get sick next week when we're headed to Barcelona, right? It always could be worse?

Well... off to watch my next movie.

P.S. Best part of today: I should be hearing any minute that my nephew has been born :) Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment