Monday, February 6, 2012

Andalucía: The South of Spain


This past week I was able to go on a trip with our Study Abroad group to Andalucía. Andalucía is an area in the southern part of Spain. In this region there are some of Spain's most well-known and historically significant cities. To name some: Granada, Sevilla, and Cordoba. I wish I had the time to go through each and every day, but with school up and running this week, I don't have the time to tell you every detail. My journal has just about every little fact and observation, so no worries. These pictures are in random order, but they capture the absolute beauty that is Andalucía. The sun was shining and I'm proud to say that I got a little 'bit of a burn while being there. If you're planning a trip to Spain, I would definitely recommend visiting Andalucía. Que hermosa.
In front of a beautiful fountain in Sevilla.

Only the largest Gothic Cathedral in the world. Only the tomb of Christopher Columbus. I was there.
This is at the Alhambra in Granada.

 They're everywhere. Beautiful orange trees but according to our tour guide they're quite bitter.
Inside of La Catedral en Sevilla.

On top of the bell tower at the cathedral in Sevilla.
Another shot of the fountain in Sevilla.

In the Alhambra in Granada.

This is a photo taken from the Generalife in The Alhambra in Granada. The gardens were stunning.

At the Alhambra in Granada.

This was the stage for the INCREDIBLE Flamenco performance that we went to on Saturday night.

The streets in Cordoba- every year they have competitions for the best looking patio/balcony throughout the town.

La Plaza de España in Sevilla.

La Plaza de España en Sevilla. Fun fact: This plaza was actually in Star Wars.
Can't get enough of this plaza.

Our classy group of four in Sevilla.

Overlooking the city of Granada.

Medina Azahára, after leaving Cordoba and on our way to Sevilla.

Representing where we're from in Cordoba.
Guess what? Yep, we went on a carriage ride around Sevilla.
This is on the streets in Sevilla. We drove down one of the busiest streets in the center of the city.

Our horse was a gem.

Kristie and I going through the garden. On the right is a huge flock of white pigeons.

La Mezquita en Cordoba. It was incredible to see these infamous arches in person.
Our last stop in Andalucía was in Merida. This is an ancient Roman theater.

On a gas stop on our way back, I went to buy some snacks. When I walked in I brought a Nestle bar up front. The Spanish man kindly told me, "Este no es bueno." He then went to the back of his store and brought me this chocolate. Was it worth it? You bet ya. Real yummy Spanish chocolate. Sure, Pops, I'll bring some home for ya.

3 comments:

  1. Hey love the pictures! I can't believe you were there! It seems unreal how beautiful it is! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry...this is Vindie =). lincoln loves you too though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahaha...I love Vindie. But I also love your dance moves in Cordoba. Right on girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete